Tips for getting your spring cleaning chores organized
With spring just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about doing a little spring cleaning to get things in order for the warm weather that is ahead. If you are on top of things and get things underway during the March break – then congratulations. But, if you are like the rest of us, you probably haven’t thought about it much, let alone started your spring cleaning chores.
Here are some tips for getting your spring cleaning chores organized:
- The first thing that you need to do is create a “to-do” list of the chores that need to be completed.
- Once you have your list in hand, you should organize them in order of priority. What chores need to be done first? What chores are the most important?
- If you want to take it one step further you can also break down your chores into categories such as indoor/outdoor, by room, or you could even assign chores to specific family members.
- To make sure you get everything done, it is also a good idea to create a timeline and assign a number of dates when you plan to complete each chore.
- If certain chores take longer than anticipated or if something comes up, adjust your list and timeframe accordingly.
- Finally, make sure that you reward yourself for putting in the hard work. Choose a reward that you will receive only when you finish everything that is on the list. This should provide you with some added motivation to get things done.
What is the number one thing on your spring cleaning “to-do” list this year?